Tuesday, October 16, 2018

This Morning

This morning as I rose out of bed a little blurry eyed. My daughter , who is the morning person in our house was already awake and ready to tell me about the crazy dream she had last night. As I listened and made my coffee she suddenly remembered that she needed to check her fairy garden and bounded outside to discover the gold glitter I had sprinkled along the path leading to the fairy house. Her face was full of delight and wonderment.
Shortly after that my son came down blurry eyed like me and gave me a hug to say good morning. He is so sweet and thoughtful.
My toddler shouted from her crib to be released. As soon as she was up she ran to me to babble about something important that I could mostly not fully understand. Then she forced her brother to get her a granola bar.
All of these morning moments are just small things, little moments of life. I am heartbroken all the same with how quickly time flies and will continue to fly. They grow up each day and I cannot do anything to stop it. I find myself being a blubbering sap when I grab their energetic bodies in my arms and command them to stop growing as they desperately wiggle to get free. It is such a treasure to watch your children learn and grow each day. To watch them become unique individuals, but this morning I wish I could encapsulate their youth. My only power is to write down these moments and treasure them in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment