Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Farting Hound, Happy Sound

One of my favorite French films is "Un Long Dimanche de Fiancailles" A Very Long Engagement. In the movie, Mathilde's aunt always says, "Farting hound, happy sound."
As I lay on the coach, I snuggle up with my dog, Zoe. She is giving her self a thorough tongue bath. Occasionally she stops to include me in the grooming with a few cold kisses. Suddenly, Zoe stops what she is doing and I hear a "toot, toot". She immediately sticks her nose in her behind to investigate. No matter what I am doing this small act, always makes my day. I know it is juvenile, but everytime this happens my inner 10-year-old laughs hysterically.

My dog always smells her farts.

It isn't transcendental or profound, but it makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment