Friday, June 11, 2010

Anything is Possible

And so it is June.
All the possibilities of summer are at our feet.
I feel as though it is already slipping through my fingers.
Let's grab all the goodness of summer,
Suck it up with the squishy strawberries and keep it warm in our bellies all winter.
Let's go as fast as we can and breathe as slow as we can.
Let's feel everything that is possible and still have the opportunity to feel nothing at all.
I wish I could steal June away like a hostage.
It could be like the bathroom sign we once stole on vacation: a secret souvenir to make me smile.
I wish I could keep Summer in a drawer somewhere,
I could pull it out whenever I needed to feel like anything is possible.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you stole a bathroom sign. So disappointed!

    ReplyDelete